April showers are here! Is your home ready? Here are some of our tips!
- Clean Gutters. Make sure your gutters are free of leaves and debris, so they can function as intended. Also, be sure your downspouts are running away from the house.
- Check Sump Pump. If you have a sump pump, check to see if it is working!
- Landscaping Holes. Look around your house for any holes or low points and fill in if need be. Water can pool in those areas and it is a slippery slope to getting water in your basement.
- Rain Barrel. Now is a great time to set up a rain barrel. The water can be used later to water your plants.
- Stay Off Wet Grass. A lot of rain can leave your lawn quite fragile. So, it is best to stay off if possible. Avoid raking wet grass especially as it can damage the roots.
- Seeding. If you want to seed some areas of your lawn to spruce it up, do it now! This rain will help it grow and you’ll have nice, lush, green grass before you know it.