1. Make doorways a minimum of 32 inches wide for easier maneuvering.
2. A curbless tiled shower with bench and grab bars, making getting in and out of the shower easy & safe!
3. Toilet with higher seat height and grab bars.
4. Single handle faucets are easier to grab and adjust.
5. Hardwood floors versus carpet throughout most of the house.
6. A seated work space in the kitchen, so you don’t have to always stand while prepping meals.
7. Side by side refrigerators tend to be easier to open.
8. Countertop or drawer model microwave instead of an over-the-oven to avoid lifting things above your head.
9. Brighter lights and LOTS of them!
10. Outlets located higher up — less bending down.
11. Walkways and hallways 48 inches wide for easy maneuvering
12. No step entry into your home.
“Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” — Warren Buffett
Contact Home Check Plus for your Aging-in-Place home projects.